Kimberly hosts the Sunday Post each week. I like to take part because it gives me an opportunity to look back at last week and forward to next week in both my personal life and my blog and book life! I also love to see what other people are doing and what books everyone is reading.
It’s hard to believe summer is almost over. Especially since the weather is so hot right now and will be even hotter next week with several days in the 90’s (and heat index in the low 100’s). Schools have already begun here which is hard for me to believe since I didn’t go back to school when I was a child until the first part of September.
I’m doing a Sunday Post for the first time since we moved into our house in mid-May. We’ve been busy, but sometimes especially in the first month after our move I kept losing track of what day of the week it was and would discover I’d missed another post–even when I had posts complete.
Things are better now though we’re still unpacking a few boxes and looking for things that we still haven’t found. This week I needed to look for clothes a little dressier than what I’ve been wearing all summer. I finally put together something I can wear though I didn’t find the clothes I was looking for. Maybe I donated them before we moved since I got rid of some of my clothes!
We are loving our new house. We’ve gotten pictures on the walls, decided where the furniture is going to be put and got rid of more stuff that didn’t quite find a home in our new house. We can get one of our cars in our two car garage! Our cat Olaf settled in after a day or two of hiding. He loves running on our carpetless floors and then sliding on them–sometimes into a wall! That doesn’t stop him. He also loves hiding in boxes or an empty laundry basket and then jumping out to surprise us!
We’ve done some traveling and have more planned plus we’re doing things with our family that lives in the area. We’re trying to do things outside though with the high temperatures at the moment that’s harder to do. The local weather forecast mentions how long it takes to get sunburned if you’re in the sun and it’s been only 20 minutes. So we’ll probably stay home more until it’s a little cooler.
I’ve been absent from my blog since we moved in to our new house. I’m hoping to write more regularly, though as I mentioned above we’re going to be gone several times in the near future so I may miss more Sunday Posts. I will try to get some other posts scheduled. I plan to visit blogs today and I hope to catch up on some of the blogs I follow.
- Can’t Wait Wednesday: God Rest Ye, Royal Gentlemen by Rhys Bowen
- June & July 2021 books on my list
- Can’t Wait Wednesday: The Heron’s Cry by Ann Cleeves
- Can’t Wait Wednesday: Gutter Mage by J.S. Kelley
- Can’t Wait Wednesday: Saving Time by Jodi Taylor
Posts for next week
- Can’t Wait Wednesday
- September 2021 books on my list
- Sunday Post
What I’m reading
- Dead Blow by Lisa Preston
- Sleeping Dogs Lie by Samantha Downing
Books read recently
- Boiled Over by Barbara Ross
- A Psalm for the Wild-Built by Becky Chambers
- Arsenic and Adobo by Mia P. Manansala
- Between Decisions by W.R. Gingell
- Aoife’s Chariot by Katherine Pathak
- Moving is Murder by Sara Rosett
- Ready Player Two by Ernest Cline
- Stargazer by Anne Hillerman (Ebook. purchased)
- The Dead Don’t Drink at Lafitte’s by Seana Kelly (Ebook, purchased)
- Magic and Motor-Cars: or How a Fairy Moved Up in the World by Galadriel Coffeen (Ebook, purchased)
- Aoife’s Chariot: Mirrored Murder by Katherine Pathak (Kindle Unlimited)
- Constance by Matthew FitzSimmons (Kindle First Reads)
What have you been up to all summer?