Spring Bloggiesta will be a week-long challenge, March 19-25th, where we all get focus on that massive to-do list for improving, maintaining, and generally making your blog great.
If you’ll be joining us, be sure to make a to-do list and link it below. As always, your to-do list can contain as much or as little as you want to do. Ideas for a basic to do list can be found at this link. You are welcome to copy it and use it however you see fit. Or visit other people’s to-do lists and
steal borrow their great ideas.
I did a Bloggiesta a couple of years ago and meant to do one again ever since, but have forgotten to check for dates. I saw that this was happening so now is the time! I have ideas and plans for my blog that I want to work on and Spring Bloggiesta is the perfect time to do it. Check out the Spring Bloggiesta site to get some ideas of what you can do for your blog.
To Do List
- Finish and schedule at least two discussion posts.
- Finish and schedule at least three reviews.
- Check blog for broken links, speed
- Complete at least two challenges.
- Participate in a twitter party.
- Comment on other Bloggiesta blogs throughout the week.
I heard about Bloggiesta sometime last spring. This is the first time I’ve been able to participate and I’m excited to join in. Fall Bloggiesta runs from September 18 to 21. This is a chance to fine-tune my blog. I have a number of things I don’t always get to so I hope this will help.
The idea behind Bloggiesta is to spend four days working on perfecting your blog and connecting with other bloggers who are doing the same thing.
I didn’t complete too many of my To Do List, but I’m glad to get some of these things done. And I will have plenty to do in the future!
My To Do List:
Review my blog goals and resolutions I created last January
- I have completed most of my goals for the year. I have a few ongoing till the end of the year and at least one I haven’t managed to do (writing posts two or three weeks ahead)
- Figure out how to post Goodreads reviews and participate more with Goodreads
- I didn’t get anything done on Goodreads. This will be a goal for the future.
Work on my labels/tags
- What I actually worked on were my categories. I had changed some of my categories in the last couple of months. I went back and made sure all my posts have the same categories and organization.
- Do at least two mini challenges
- I didn’t get to do any mini challenges. 😦 However, I plan to work on two of the challenges this week–How to Use Flickr hosted by Berls @ Fantasy is More Fun and Must Do Actions Before Hiring a Blog Designer hosted Stacy @ The Novel Life.
- Think about asking for review copies of books and figure out how to request them if I decide to do this
- Another item I didn’t have time for. I still haven’t decided whether to ask for review copies.
- Consider adding a policy page
- I also didn’t work on this. A policy page is tied in to whether I decide to ask for ARCs.
- Decide what I want to change about my blog layout
- I changed a few things on my blog layout–trying to decide what I want to do. Also working on one of the mini challenges will help me decide if I want to hire a blog designer.
Comment on other Bloggiesta partipants blogs
- I did comment on a few participant blogs.
Participate in at least one Twitter chat
- I participated briefly in one Twitter chat. I had planned to do more, but was gone during the other three.