Hosted by MsNoseinaBook
This challenge sounds like a lot of fun. I especially love science fiction at the moment, but also read some fantasy. I like the idea of having to complete this list.
My Goal: Read a book that matches each challenge on the list. (The entire list of challenges have to be completed by the end of the year to enter the giveaways.)
As I read books which match the list I will add them to this list and when I review them I will add a link.
Swords and Stars Reading List
1. √Read a book with Dragons in it — A Dragon of a Different Color by Rachel Aaron
2. Read a book over 500 pages
3. √Read an SFF novella — The Furthest Station by Ben Aaronovitch
4. √Read a first book in a series — White Silence by Jodi Taylor
5. √Read a Science Fiction classic — Farmer in the Sky by Robert A. Heinlein
6. Read a Fantasy classic
7. Read a book whose title matches the first letter of your last name
8. √Read a book that has a weapon on the cover — Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse
9. √Read a book that has a Spaceship on the cover — Confluence by S.K. Dunstall
10. Read a book that has been adapted
11. Read a book with time travel in it — A Trail Through Time by Jodi Taylor
12. √Read a book that has been on your TBR shelf for over 2 years — Omens by Kelley Armstrong (bought 2014)
13. √Read a book whose cover has stars in it or whose title has any variation of the word star in it–Starman Jones by Robert A. Heinlein
14. Read a book with magical realism in it
15. √Read an SFF graphic novel–Rivers of London: Body Work by Ben Aaronovitch & Andrew Cartmel
16. √Read a Sequel — Fire in the Blood by W.R. Gingell (book 2)
17. Read a diverse SFF book
18. Read a Random SFF book – your pick!
19. √Read a fantasy book inspired by another story, fairy tale, myth etc. — Spindle by W.R. Gingell
20. Read a book with a map — The Pride of Chanur by C.J. Cherryh
The purpose of this challenge is to celebrate the Science Fiction and Fantasy genres. This challenge runs from January 1st to December 31st (midnight). There will be a giveaway at the end of the year. There will be two winners. The prize for both is a $25 gift card through Amazon. This will be a random drawing, currently trying to figure out whether to do that in a YouTube video and which generator to use. In order to qualify you must have met all challenges.
The rules are as follows:
The Goal of this challenge is to read one book that matches up with each one of the challenges.
You must create a sign up post and link it up below so I and anyone else can follow your adventure. You can find the challenge link ups as well as the Wrap-Up post link up so we can all check out reviews and find some new books. If you do not have a blog, you can link up your Goodreads review.
If you are wanting to sign up you can sign up via the Mr. Linky in the sign up post here: Sign Up Post. You can sign up anytime. Books count as long as they are read in 2018. This can be any format (print, audiobook, etc) and any page length other than specified in the challenge.
There are twenty challenges. All must be met in order to qualify for the giveaway at the end of the year.
Books read for other challenges definitely do qualify for this challenge. In fact, it is encouraged! All books must be of the Science Fiction or Fantasy genres.
Please use #SwordsnStars for Social Media Updates.
This post will appear at the beginning of every month for those that would like to link up and share what they have been reading/reviewed. At the end of the year you can link up a shelf, do a wrap up post or comment what you read for the challenge that would work to mark completion of the challenge and entrance to the giveaway.