Kimberly hosts the Sunday Post each week. I like to take part because it gives me an opportunity to look back at last week and forward to next week in both my personal life and my blog and book life! I also love to see what other people are doing and what books everyone is reading.
We got a big snow storm towards the end of this week. I think we got a little more than eight inches of snow. However, it was hard to get an accurate measurement since the wind was blowing hard during the storm and there was lots of drifting snow. After the snow stopped, it turned very cold with temperatures near zero each night and bright clear cold sunny days.
I did not post last week because I tripped and fell resulting in a black eye, broken glasses, a bruised face and two broken bones in my dominant right hand. I had surgery on Tuesday to put 3 pins in the bones on my right hand (held in place by a cast). I am already tired of having this cast, but will probably have it for the next 6 to 8 weeks (which will limit my ability to post each week). My face is still bruised and turning different colors!
A thank you
Thank you to my husband for typing a lot of this post for me and for all he’s doing now: cooking, grocery shopping, feeding the cats, cleaning the litter box and so much more!
Since there are a number of things I can’t do at the moment I’ve watched more TV than usual. We’re watching David Tennant in Around the World in 80 Days. So far we’ve watched four episodes and we’re enjoying it. We have Acorn TV and are watching several shows we’re enjoying: Kingdom, Murdoch, Madame Blanc and Dalgliesh. We’ve also watched some of the Olympics.
Cat photos of the week
I won’t do many posts the next few weeks or comment on many blogs since typing with my left hand doesn’t work so well! My left hand and arm are already sore at being used so much
Posts last week
- Sunday Post: A weekend of dogs
- Top Ten Tuesday: 2021 releases I wanted to read. . .
- Can’t Wait Wednesday: A Rip Through Time by Kelley Armstrong
- Top Ten Tuesday: The favorite new-to-me authors I discovered in 2021
- Can’t Wait Wednesday: A Prayer for the Crown-Shy by Becky Chambers
Posts for next week
- February 2022 books on my list
- Can’t Wait Wednesday
- Sunday Post
What I’m reading
- Evil Intent by Jane Isaac
- The Man Who Died Twice by Richard Osman
- Into the Dark by J.A. Sutherland
- The Hiding Place by Paula Munier
- The Mutineer by J.A. Sutherland
- Shockwave by Lindsey Buroker
- Saving Time by Jodi Taylor (ebook, purchased)
- Evil Intent by Jane Isaac (ebook, Kindle Unlimited)
- Deadly Night by Vanessa Nelson (ebook, Kindle Unlimited)
- Mutineer by J.A. Sutherland (ebook, Kindle Unlimited)
- License to Howl by Helen Harper (ebook, Kindle Unlimited)
- The Hiding Place by Paula Munier (ebook, Library)
What have you been doing this week?