Kimberly hosts the Sunday Post each week. I like to take part because it gives me an opportunity to look back at last week and forward to next week in both my personal life and my blog and book life! I also love to see what other people are doing and what books everyone is reading.
It’s been cold and often windy this week and we’ve had a few snow flurries, but no snow on the ground. We’ve warmed up this weekend to the 30’s, but the temperature is going to drop during the day today and we’ll be very cold again for a few days.
My husband and I celebrated our anniversary this week by going to a hotel in our local area for one night. It was low-key, but we had a really nice time and the view from our room was great.
I added a photo of Olaf from about two years ago when he was a kitten and one of Blaze at about the same age. They look quite different. Olaf is a blue point ragdoll and Blaze is a seal point. (Of course, Blaze also has a white blaze on the middle of his face!) The full color of ragdoll cats can continue to change until they’re three or four years old.
I read three books this week, but two of the books I didn’t enjoy very much. I started out enjoying them, but by the end of the books I just wanted to be done with them. They both depressed me. Luckily, the third book–Killer Queen by Julie Mulhern–is part of a mystery series I love. So I’m feeling better about the start of the year.
Even though I wrote some posts last week I didn’t visit many blogs. I hope to visit more next week. I always like to see what people are doing and what they’re reading.
Posts last week
- Sunday Post: 2022–A new year
- 2022 Discussion Challenge Sign-up
- Can’t Wait Wednesday: The Sacred Bridge by Anne Hillerman
Posts for next week
- January 2022 books on my list
- Can’t Wait Wednesday
- Sunday Post
What I’m reading
- Promised Land by Connie Willis and Cynthia Felice
- Doors of Sleep by Tim Pratt
- Deep into the Dark by P.J. Tracy
- Killer Queen by Julie Mulhern
- Deep Dish by Mary Kay Andrews (ebook/purchased)
- Promised Land by Connie Willis and Cynthia Felice (ebook/Kindle Unlimited)
- Strangers in the Night by E.M. Jeanmougin and Jay Wright (ebook/Kindle Unlimited)
What have you been doing?