Kimberly hosts the Sunday Post each week. I like to take part because it gives me an opportunity to look back at last week and forward to next week in both my personal life and my blog and book life! I also love to see what other people are doing and what books everyone is reading.
We had snow several days last week including last Saturday night when we got almost 10 inches of snow. We’re near a record for the amount of snowfall in February.
It warmed up on Saturday (to about 34 degrees!) and rained so we got some melting, but Saturday night we got some freezing rain and a little more snow. And next week it will get much colder again–a few days down near zero.
One of my daughters spent the last week with us. She came here to attend a class for work. She drove and brought her two dogs with her. I had a great time with the dogs and they loved being outside in the snow. They chased after balls, each other, squirrels and even tried chasing the birds!
It was so much fun to see her and get to spend time with her. She had last Monday off since it was Presidents Day and we spent the day doing a little shopping. She needed a few more work clothes and I got a pair of jeans and a shirt. We had fun in the evenings catching up, talking and laughing together. So much fun. She has left for home and the house is quiet. 😦
I’ve read five books during the month of February for They Call It Puppy Love Challenge that Barb @ Booker T’s Farm hosts during the month of February. I’ve reviewed two of them and hope to review one or two more of them before the end of February.
I’ve visited a few blogs, posted a couple of reviews and answered a few comments, but there’s lots more to do. This week I hope I have more time to read, work on my blog and visit other blogs.
- Sunday Post: On no, it’s almost Valentine’s Day
- Can’t-Wait Wednesday: Westside by W.M. Akers
- Review: Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts by Lucy Dillon
- Review: Soldier Dogs: The Untold Story of America’s Canine Heroes by Maria Goodavage
- Books I loved with fewer than 2,000 ratings on Goodreads
- Can’t Wait Wednesday: Love and Death Among the Cheetahs by Rhys Bowen
- Waiting on Wednesday
- Sunday Post
What I’m reading
- Scavenger Alliance by Janet Edwards
- Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
What I read recently
- Rescue Me, Maybe by Jackie Bouchard
- Soldier Dogs: The Untold Story of America’s Canine Heroes by Maria Goodavage
- Fractured Truth by Susan Furlong
Books I got recently
Honor Among Thieves by Rachel Caine
Cornered Magic by Charissa Dufour
Stray Magic by Jackie Bouchard (Kindle Owners Lending Library)
The Fever King by Victoria Lee (Kindle First Read, Free for Amazon Prime)
Kitchen Yarns by Ann Hood (library)
Exit Strategy by Martha Wells (library)
Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray (library)