I’m at Thanksgiving with my husband’s family. The large extended family has gotten together for over 50 years. This is the last year we will get together at the above house. My father-in-law died in the spring and the house is for sale. We’re doing one last Thanksgiving here. After this year one of my nieces plans to host the Thanksgiving gathering. It will be held in Indianapolis instead of Iowa which may mean a smaller gathering in the future. All things have to change at some point.
I’m grateful for . . .
- Our large extended family that has made Thanksgiving such a wonderful tradition.
- My husband and children. That we all love each other and can have fun together.
- My health. After my surgery earlier in the month I realize once again what a wonderful thing it is to feel healthy.
- My friends with whom I share stories and laughter.
- Authors writing books. I love to read and am so grateful that so many authors are writing books I love to read.
- My ebook reader that allows me to read at night, to set it on my lap when my hands hurt, to change the size of the font when my eyes need a bigger font, to carry hundreds of books in my purse.
- My cats who give me so much pleasure every day.
- My children’s dogs and cats I get to enjoy when I visit or they visit.
- My house and yard. That we have a house and yard. And I love the serenity of my house and yard.
Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate Thanksgiving in November. And to everyone else I hope you’re having a wonderful day!