Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted at the Broke and the Bookish blog. Each week a different topic is introduced and it is fun to see what everyone writes each week. Check out their blog for more information.
Note: When I linked my TTT to the Broke and Bookish blog I realized I’m a week early with this post!
This week I’m talking about my “beach read” books. I define beach reads as comfort reads. . . books I’m excited to read, from authors I’ve read before and want to read again. These are all books I already own…maybe ones I’ve had on my bookshelf or Kindle for quite awhile. And sometimes I’ve put these off because I’ve felt I had to read other books first.
Science Fiction and Fantasy
Hallow Point by Ari Marmell
- I read book 1 in this urban fantasy series and really enjoyed it. Mick Oberon and the time period (Chicago in the 1930’s) are fun to read about.
The Winter Long by Seanan McGuire
- Another urban fantasy series that I need to catch up on. This is the eighth in the series and I want to get back into October Daye’s world.
The Human Division by John Scalzi
- John Scalzi is one of my favorite science fiction authors. This is book 5 of a series–The Old Man’s War–I really enjoy.
Caliban’s War by James S. A. Corey
- Book 2 of The Expanse series. I read the first book awhile ago and watched The Expanse series on TV earlier this year. I really liked the first book and know this is a very good series so I need to read the second book and then continue on!
Mirror Dance by Lois McMaster Bujold
- I love the Miles Vorkosigan books and I haven’t read any of them for several years. I want to start reading them again.
Ghost Ship by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller
- I love this long-running space opera series. And I’m a number of books behind, of course!
The Sleeping Life by Andrea K. Höst
- I really like Andrea K. Höst’s writing. This is second in the series and the cover is beautiful.
Negative Image by Vicki Delany
- I’m loving this police procedural series which takes place in British Columbia, Canada.
The Darkness and the Deep by Aline Templeton
- I recently read the first book in this police procedural series. I really like DI Marjory Fleming–she’s a farm wife and a detective inspector in southwest Scotland.
The Sound of Broken Glass by Deborah Crombie
- One of my very favorite mystery series. I’ve savored the books, but now I only have two more books in the series. However, I read that she finally has a new book coming out next year in this series! Yay!
What are your beach reads for this summer?