Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted at the Broke and the Bookish blog. Each week a different topic is introduced and it is fun to see what everyone writes each week. Check out their blog for more information.
This week I’m talking about the bookworm delights that make my reading more fun.
My new chair
- I found a slightly damaged chair which I’ve put into a small room in our new house. I’m making this room my reading room! And the chair is the first part of that process. It sits in front of window where I can watch birds. I plan to put bird feeders outside to help bring more birds to watch. The cats will love that, too!
A beautiful cover
- I love finding a beautiful cover on a book. One of the first things I notice about a book and a book with an interesting. fun or beautiful cover is one I’ll give a second look. Sometimes the cover doesn’t translate into a book I like or one that is for me, but a great cover is a wonderful piece of art even if I don’t read the book!
Bloggers I can talk to about books
- I love getting recommendations from other bloggers. I love finding bloggers who read the same types of books I read or bloggers who read a different type of book who convince me to try a new type of book or author. Or bloggers who have interesting discussions.
Finding a book that makes me happy I know how to read
- The reason I love to read–that book that gives me joy. The book that brings a smile to my face, makes me laugh out loud, that I don’t want to finish because I’m loving it so much. Yet I can’t stop reading it! Such great feelings.
- I have several cups I call my “book cups.” I have a guilty secret–I love collecting cups to drink my coffee and tea from. The “book cups” make it twice as good!
Reading with a cat on my lap
- A wonderful way to spend an hour or two–petting a cat and reading a good book!
Reading when it’s raining or snowing
- And with a cat or two on my lap. And if it’s cold with a fire in the fireplace. So cozy to read when the weather makes me want to stay inside.
A cup of coffee, a cup of tea
- I love to have a cup of coffee or tea while I read.
- I have to admit a love affair with my Kindle. I love that I can easily carry it in my purse, that I can carry hundreds of books around, that I can buy a book and have it to read within seconds, that I have a light that makes it easy to read at night, that I can make the text larger or smaller, that I can instantly look up a word or search for a phrase or mark a phrase I like.
Reading in bed
- I love to read a good book in bed–especially at night if I wake up and have a good book to read! That’s bliss. Sometimes I even find myself waking up and thinking about the book I’m reading. I have to read it if I’m going to get back to sleep…lol.
And an extra bookworm delight
- I love the computer age! I can search for great books to read on so many different sites on the internet. It’s wonderful. And I can keep a spreadsheet of the books I’ve read, the authors I want to try, the books I own and want to read in the next couple of months. I love having a computer!!
What about you? What are your bookworm delights?