This is a great meme to take part in every week and I thank Kimba for hosting it!
I like this meme because it gives me an opportunity to take a look back at last week and forward to next week in both my personal life and my blog and book life! I also like to see what other people are doing and what books everyone is reading.
Last Week–home and blog
We are making progress on our move to Iowa. We spent time this week answering emails, reading the inspection reports, writing emails, talking to our realtor. Amazing how much time that all takes! I have a moving checklist and a general checklist to try to stay organized. Lots to do in the next few months.
We still have snow, but a lot has melted as temps during the day were above freezing all week. Next week the temps may make it to 60 degrees!
I’ve loved watching the birds since they finished all the food in the bird feeders and it was kind of hard to get to the feeders we put birdseed on our patio for them. The cats and I love the close-up view though one of the cats keeps jumping at the window thinking she can catch them!
We took care of our son’s dog all week. He’s a mini dachshund with lots of energy, but a happy attitude toward life. He slept beside me on my chair as I read and followed me around the house. I think he had separation anxiety–decided he didn’t want to leave me so refused to walk sometimes with my husband! A sit-down strike! Our son was at a conference in the DC area all week so we handed the pup back on Friday evening. I’m going to miss them both when we move to Iowa.
We watched both the X-Files remake and The Magicians. Enjoyed them both!
I’m still working on reviews, answering comments and commenting on other people’s blogs. It’s been great to catch up with at least a few bloggers.
- Sunday Post: Jan 24
- Waiting on Wednesday–Jan 27
- Beyond the Books–what I won
- Leftovers–Sci-fi & Fantasy Reviews
What I’m reading
- Twisted Threads by Lea Wait
What I read last week
- Dreaming Death by J. Kathleen Cheney
- The Fine Art of Murder by Emily Barnes
New–Books, E-books, NetGalley, Audiobooks–purchased or free or from library
- Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
- Killing Trail by Margaret Mizushima
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- In the Morning I’ll Be Gone by Adrian McKinty
- “The Seer’s Choice: A Novella of the Golden City” by J. Kathleen Cheney
- In the Shadow of the Glacier by Vicki Delany
Interesting on the internet
- Tara @ the Librarian who doesn’t say shhh! writes about reviews: Let’s Get Critical: The Basics of a Critical Review
- Katherine from I Wish I Lived in a Library is trying to get more out of her Pinterest boards this year: 52 Pins in 52 Weeks
- The B&N Sci-Fi and Fantasy Blog writes about: 6 SF/F Books That Would Make Binge-Worthy Netflix Series
Next Week–home & blog
Since I was taking care of our son’s dog all week I wasn’t able to get a lot of sorting done. I plan to work on that. And start boxing my books. That’s going to keep me busy as well as keeping track of what needs to get done with our move in March.
I’m going to concentrate on blogging ahead, getting reviews completed and scheduled. And keeping up with comments. Also I’m planning to sign up for another reading challenge or three!
- Review: Dreaming Death by J. Kathleen Cheney
- Top Ten Tuesday?
- Waiting on Wednesday
- Beyond the Books
- February books on my list
- Saturday Shorts: short stories and novella reviews
- Sunday Post
What did you do last week? What books did you collect? What are you planning?