2015 Reading Challenges
I only completed 3 of the 8 challenges for 2015. However, I was 85% or better on 3 more of the challenges so I feel pretty good about that. I’m doing challenges again for 2016–some of the same challenges as the ones below and some new ones. I have fun trying to complete the challenges!
Audiobook Challenge — 85%
- Goal–20-30 audiobooks
- How many I listened to –17 audiobooks
- Books reviewed by the end of 2015– 16 books
- We traveled a lot in 2015 and when I travel I don’t listen to books as much.
- I’ve signed up for this challenge again.
Cloak & Dagger Reading Challenge — 175% –completed!
- Goal–20 books
- How many I read — 35 books
- Books reviewed by the end of 2015 — 32 books
- I read 15 books more than my goal! YAY!
- I’ve signed up for this one again.
Goodreads Challenge — 92%
- Goal — 110 books
- How many I read by the end of 2015 –101 books
- Books reviewed by the end of 2015 — 90 books
- I have chosen a smaller challenge for 2016. I started worrying about the number of books I’d read instead of just enjoying the books. I also stopped reading long books since I was trying to meet my goal.
- My goal this year is 100 books.
Library Challenge — 58%
- Goal — 12-16 books
- How many I read — 7 books
- Books reviewed by the end of 2015 — 7 books
- Since we traveled so much last year I didn’t use the library as much as I meant to.
- I haven’t signed up for a formal library challenge, but plan to keep track of the library books I read. And plan to buy fewer books since we’re retiring a few years earlier than planned and I need to keep to a budget.
New Author Challenge — 168% –completed!
- Goal — 25 books
- How many I read by the end of 2015 — 42 books
- Books reviewed by the end of 2015 — 35 books
- Lots of really good new authors this year.
- I’ve signed up for this challenge again. I love finding new authors to keep reading.
TBR Challenge — 92%
- Goal — 1 book per month
- How many I read — 11 books total
- Books reviewed by the end of 2015 — 11 books
- I missed my July book–again, I got busy and didn’t finish the book until later in the year.
- I’m not signing up for this challenge since it’s more romance oriented and I’m not reading so much romance anymore.
TBR Pile Reading Challenge — 116% — completed
- Goal — 31-40 books
- How many I read — 36 books
- Books reviewed by the end of 2015 –33 books
- I have lots of TBR books so this is one I’ve signed up again. I have plenty of books for this challenge!
Ultimate Reading Challenge — 58%
- Goal — 52 books–each in a specific category
- How many I read — 30 books
- Books reviewed by the end of 2015 –30 books
- There were some types of books on the list I probably wouldn’t have read, but I could have done a little better. In the last months of 2015 I got busy with other things and didn’t think about the challenge and trying to find books to meet the challenge.
- I didn’t check to see if this challenge is occurring again this year. I signed up for a different challenge that’s somewhat similar, but confined to science fiction and fantasy.
Did you take part in reading challenges in 2015? How did you do?