I really enjoy reading challenges. I love a challenge I have to work to complete. They also help me try new authors I might not read otherwise, listen to more audiobooks, read more of my TBR pile. I don’t change the types of books I read so much as try to see if I can find more that might help me complete a challenge.
I’m signing up for five challenges I’ve done before and two new challenges. Last year I signed up eight challenges. This year I have one less challenge, but I may decide to sign up for one or two more next week!
My Reading Challenges–2016
I am planning to participate in the following year-long reading challenges in 2016 (each challenge is linked to the page on my blog where I will list the books I read and where you can find more information about the challenge):
- I’m challenging myself to listen to 20 – 30 audiobooks
- I’m challenging myself to read 31+ mysteries
- I’m challenging myself to read 100 books
- I’m challenging myself to read at least 30 new authors
- I’m challenging myself to read 31 to 45 new releases
- I’m challenging myself to complete at least one bingo or fill in 10 random squares.
- I’m challenging myself to read 31 – 40 TBR books
Are you planning to do any reading challenges this year?