“You Again” by JoAnn Ross
Series: Shelter Bay #6.5
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Setting: NYC & Shelter Bay, Oregon
Published by Catlelough Publishing LLC, 2014
Synopsis: A book nerd, a brainiac science guy, and a misplaced killer whale…
Meghann Quinn wasn’t always a hugely successful author. Adam Wayne wasn’t always a marine biologist studying whales. Back in high school in Shelter Bay, Oregon, she was the shy book nerd helping the brainiac science guy pass English. Meghann had no idea Adam would turn into such a hottie. Adam has no idea their once-upon-a-time sweet summer romance inspired Meghann’s popular teen novels.
Two shy geeks didn’t have the courage to share their true feelings back then. But now that Meghann’s back in town, they’re pondering life’s important questions. Such as, will Adam ask her to the Snow Ball? And what are they going to do about the lost Orca who shows up on Christmas Eve? And can two nerds get past their initial insecurity to take a second chance on a once-in-a-lifetime love?
You Again also will appear in a Home for Christmas Duet with Jessica Scott.
- A fun, fast read about two people who meet again after 10 years.
- Adam and Meaghann are characters I would enjoy knowing.
- Meaghann tutored Adam in English during high school and they liked each other, but lost track of each other when they went off to college.
- Meaghann is now a successful young adult author. Adam is a marine biologist living in their home town of Shelter Bay, Oregon.
- When she’s invited to Shelter Bay for a fund-raising event, Meaghann arrives a couple of days before Christmas. And she and Adam both want another chance at love.
- I loved reading about the Christmas parade of boats. And all about the orca (killer whales). I thought the author did a good job making them part of the story.
- Even though I haven’t read any other books in this series I didn’t have any trouble picking up this book and knowing what was going on.
- The story is quite short and Adam and Meaghann decide they love each other very quickly. But it is Christmas!
And a few thoughts . . .
- I bought “You Again” last year as part of the Home for Christmas e-book along with Jessica Scott’s “All I Want for Christmas is You.”
- I read this novella as my December review for Wendy’s TBR Challenge (see below).
Have you read this book? How did you like it?
- When New York Times bestselling author JoAnn Ross was seven-years-old, she had no doubt whatsoever that she’d grow up to play center field for the New York Yankees. Writing would be her backup occupation, something she planned to do after retiring from baseball. Those were, in her mind, her only options. While waiting for the Yankees management to call, she wrote her first novella — a tragic romance about two star-crossed mallard ducks — for a second grade writing assignment.
- The paper earned a gold star. And JoAnn kept writing.She’s now written around one hundred novels (she quit keeping track long ago) and has been published in twenty-six countries.
- Although the Yankees have yet to call her to New York to platoon center field, JoAnn figures making one out of two life goals isn’t bad.
- Currently writing her Shelter Bay series (set on the Oregon Coast, where her high school sweetheart husband bought her a bag of saltwater taffy, then proposed), along with a River’s Bend Murphy Brothers trilogy spin-off (set in Southern Oregon ranching country, where she grew up), and her award winning Irish Castlelough series, JoAnn lives with her husband and three rescued dogs, who pretty much rule the house, in the Pacific Northwest.