“Santa 365“ by Spencer Quinn
Series: The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series
Published by Atria Books, 2015
Format: e-Arc (Release Date: Nov 24, 2015)
–I received a review copy of this book from the Publisher in exchange for an honest review. The opinions stated here are entirely my own.
Synopsis: Santa doesn’t just deliver gifts—he takes them too!—in this delightful holiday e-short featuring New York Times bestselling sleuths Chet and Bernie.
He sees you when you’re sleeping. He knows when you’re awake. This year, jolly old St. Nick knows Bernie has been sleeping on preparations for a special Christmas celebration with his son Charlie. Enter Plumpy Napoleon, fresh from a short stint in prison, to save Bernie from the naughty list. Plumpy calls his latest business plan “Santa 365.” For a small fee (that only gets bigger), he’ll fill your life with holiday cheer, including elves, a festive party, gifts, and even a Christmas tree delivered right to your front door. Bernie signs on for the full yuletide experience. But after the blowout holiday bash, Bernie and Chet the dog discover one of Santa’s helpers helped himself to more than Christmas candy. The intrepid duo sets out to find the sticky-fingered perp and reclaim the stolen goods. Add in a surprise visit from Bernie’s mom, two elderly sisters seeking their own brand of justice, and an elf with a stocking full of secrets, and you have a Christmas mystery that only Chet and Bernie could possibly unwrap.
- This is a very short story and I was confused during much of it.
- Since I haven’t read the other books in this series I’m giving this story a bit of a pass thinking I might have enjoyed it and understood better if I had read some of the books.
- I did like what I saw of Bernie’s friends and family.
- I didn’t understand why Bernie would do business with Plumpy Napoleon who just got out of prison.
- This was too short to develop the story.
And a few thoughts . . .
- I have the first book in this series so I thought this would be a good way to try the series. However, I think I might have understood this story a little better if I had read one of the books in the series.
Have you read this book? How did you like it?
- Spencer Quinn lives on Cape Cod with his dog Audrey, and is hard at work on the next Chet and Bernie adventure.
- Spencer Quinn is a pseudonym of author Peter Abrahams.
- 2015 Goodreads Challenge
- Cloak & Dagger Mystery Challenge–hosted by Amy @ A Bookish Girl
- New Author Challenge–hosted by the Literary Escapism blog