“Sideswiped” by Kim Harrison
Series: The Peri Reed Chronicles #.5
Genre: Science Fiction
Published by Pocket Star, 2015
Synopsis: Don’t miss this thrilling first look into the elite world of Peri Reed, government agency operative extraordinaire, and catch more of her character in The Drafter, the first book in the all-new suspense trilogy from #1 New York Times bestselling author Kim Harrison, out September 1.
Every hero, even the accidental ones, have a beginning.
Silas’s radical theory that drafters are not replaying time as much as they are temporarily sliding into an alternate universe has never been well-received, but frankly, the darling of Opti’s research has enough clout not to care, until a professor with a grudge tries to put a permanent end to it. Love can’t alter time, and sometimes, even being able to rub out a single mistake isn’t enough…
- This short story–even though confusing–makes me want to read The Drafter, book 1 in this series.
- Excited to see a new series by Kim Harrison. I read a few of The Hollows series and liked them. I just couldn’t keep up with them!
- With this new series I have a chance to get in at the beginning so I like that.
- The story confused me, but the world Ms. Harrison wrote sounds really interesting and original so I’m willing to take the little bit I learned here and read the first book.
- The world building is complex and looks like it has strict rules which is important. People pay the price for breaking the rules.
- This story takes place in a school where students are learning to manipulate time–going back a short time to change something which has happened.
- The story is confusing. I know the series is about Peri Reed, but she isn’t the main character of this story. (Silas is–I’m interested to see if he’s in the first book). I think I just need to read The Drafter and see what happens there.
And a few thoughts . . .
- Published about a month before the first book in the series was published.
- I’m hoping to read The Drafter soon.
Have you read this book? How did you like it?
- “I’m Kim Harrison, best known for penning the Hollows series though I’ve tried my hand at YA, traditional fantasy, graphic novels, and a one-of-a-kind world book. I grew up reading science fiction and fairytales, which means my fairy garden has Daleks in it. Recently, I’ve moved back to my home state of Michigan after a ten year stint down in South Carolina, and it feels good to be home–even with the snow and cold. I’ve been traditionally published for almost twenty years, and a good day is still one where there is nothing to distract me from my keyboard.”
- 2015 Goodreads Challenge