Happy Birthday Top Ten Tuesday!
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted at the Broke and the Bookish blog. Each week a different topic is introduced and it is fun to see what everyone writes each week. Check out their blog for more information.
This week we talk about our favorite Top Ten Tuesday Topics from the last five years. I haven’t been doing this meme for five years, but I have done it for a couple of years so this post is my favorite topics from those I’ve done.
For each topic I’ve chosen I give one of my favorites from that post.
1. Goals and Resolutions–I’ve written out my Goals and Resolutions the last two years.
- The one I really want to complete–Write and schedule at least three weeks of posts.
Making my blogging & reading life easier (August 20, 2013)
- My Kindle e-reader. I love it–as simple as that!
Places books have made me want to visit (October 14, 2014)
- The Scotland coast north of Aberdeen (from The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley)
Favorite book quotes (February 25, 2014)
- “I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! — When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
Reading turn-offs (October 1, 2013)
- Too many flashbacks
Books for people who like historical mysteries (March 10, 2015)
- Murder on St. Mark’s Place by Victoria Thompson
My sci fi/fantasy book club (January 27, 2015)
- The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell
My favorite mystery writers (January 20, 2015)
- Deborah Crombie who writes the Gemma James and Duncan Kincaid series. I’ve read 13 books in this series in less than a year.
Memorable Secondary Characters? (August 27, 2013)
- The Luidaeg–She obviously likes Toby, but she’s also short-tempered and very dangerous. (from the October Daye series)
Top Ten Most Vivid Book World/Settings (April 16, 2013)
- Doomsday Book by Connie Willis–time travel back in history to 1348 England during the Black Plague
What are your favorite Top Ten topics?