Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted at the Broke and the Bookish blog. Each week a different topic is introduced and it is fun to see what everyone writes each week. This week–the quotes which inspire. These quotes encourage me, remind me to do better and inspire.
1. I love Dr. Seuss. And this quote reminds me not to be sad something is over. Such good advice.
“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss
2. This quote reminds me of the wedding from this last weekend. My husband and I had so much fun dancing!
“You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching,
Love like you’ll never be hurt,
Sing like there’s nobody listening,
And live like it’s heaven on earth.”
― William W. Purkey
3. Yes! Life goes on and we need to get on with it and enjoy it.
“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”
― Robert Frost
4. I love Eleanor Roosevelt and all she did during her life. Her life is inspiring. She had people try to make her feel inferior, but she soldiered on. A quote for everyone to remember. We all have people we compare ourselves to and we need to remember to do the best we can.
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt, This is My Story
5. This is something I always remember. The truth is so much easier! Mark Twain is so funny, but also so wise.
“If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.”
― Mark Twain
6. Maya Angelou is so right. I want to make people feel good about themselves and their lives.
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
― Maya Angelou
7. This is a hard one to remember. I tend to worry about what might happen. But I want to live life to the fullest. And education and learning are part of my mantra. I never want to stop learning.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
8. Martin Luther King Jr. is so inspiring. We so need to remember him and remember to love one another.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
― Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches
9. So true and something for me to remember, because I’m a cautious person. I need to remember to stretch myself.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
― H. Jackson Brown Jr., P.S. I Love You
10. Yes, Neil Gaiman! One of the reasons I love fairy tales . . . but also maybe dragons are real. I want to prepare.
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
― Neil Gaiman, Coraline
What quotes inspire you?