Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme I take part in when I can think up answers! It’s a great meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish blog. Every week a new topic is presented. It’s not only fun to think about my list, but to read what other people come up with!
I’d like to find out what these characters are doing with their lives. I’m still reading about a couple of these characters, but I know I’ll want to keep finding out about their lives.
1. Kivrin from Doomsday Book by Connie Willis–Kivrin and this book made such an impact on me when I read it. This is a book I’ve bought for other people and recommended to so many. The book starts in the future, but then through time travel she goes back to the 14th century to do an on-site study. She is such a resilient person–a survivor. I would love to see her after her trip and talk to her about the 14th century.
2. Sunshine from Sunshine by Robin McKinley–I loved this book and wanted to read more about Sunshine. Since this is a stand-alone book I would just like to see her, talk to her and see how her world is.
3. Fiona Bristow in The Search by Nora Roberts–I love that she trains dogs, loves dogs and uses her dogs to save people. I would love to know her and see how she’s doing now. Maybe she’d teach me how to train dogs!
4. Susannah in Angelica from The Samaria series by Sharon Shinn–The whole series are my favorite books by Ms. Shinn. Just reading a little about them makes me want to read them all again! I’m not sure Angelica is my favorite of the series, but chronologically this is the first book in the series and the first I read. So the book and Susannah who is the Angelica in this book have a special place in my heart. I love the talk about music and the idea about singing to cause medicine or rain or other things to fall from the sky. I want to hear the angels sing and talk to Susannah about being the Angelica.
5. More about the society of the werewolves and individual characters from The Silvered by Tanya Huff–I so wanted to find out more about their society. I loved the beginning about the werewolves and their regency-type world setting. I’d love to read more books set in this series. I’d like to talk to some of the werewolves and find out about their lives.
6. Kylara Vatta from the Vatta’s War series by Elizabeth Moon–Ky is such a fun character to read about. At the beginning of the series she’s expelled from the Academy making the military career she always dreamed of a no-go before it even started. She has to return to her family’s space shipping company. She has been crushed, but she doesn’t stay down. Such a good series. I want to ride on her space ship as we explore space.
7. Er Thom and Anne Davis from Local Custom (Liaden Universe #9) by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller–I love the Liaden Universe series. The books are about many different characters in the clan Korval. Er Thom and Anne Davis are two of my favorites. He is from clan Korval and she is a Terran scholar. I’d love to talk to both of them–especially about Anne’s research.
8. Carrie McClelland from The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearseley–I want to see what Carrie’s writing about now and see if she and her husband are living Scotland or somewhere else!
The series I haven’t finished yet–but I know I’m going to want to check in on these characters.
9. Moon from The Books of the Raksura by Martha Wells–Moon is a great character. I love reading about him and want to meet him, find out more about him and see how he and Jade are doing. (I haven’t read the third book yet.)
10. Gemma James and Duncan Kincaid from the mystery series by Deborah Crombie–(I’m not done with the books which have been published so far and I’m hoping Ms. Crombie is writing more books in the series.) I know I will want to talk to both Gemma and Duncan and see how they’re doing together.
What characters would you like to see again?