Classic Love Poems
by (see below)
Narrated by Richard Armitage
Published by Audible Studios, 2015
Narrator Grade: A
Synopsis: For anyone who’s in love – or hopes to be – what greater celebration could there be than to hear the world’s greatest love poetry read lovingly by Richard Armitage? With 15 poems by William Shakespeare, Edgar Allan Poe, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, and more, Classic Love Poems is a listening treat for Valentine’s Day – or any day.
Included in this collection are:
• “How do I love thee?” by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
• “Sonnet 116” by William Shakespeare
• “Annabel Lee” by Edgar Allan Poe
• “To Be One with Each Other” by George Eliot
• “Maud” by Alfred, Lord Tennyson
• “To His Coy Mistress” by Andrew Marvell
• “Bright Star” by John Keats
• “Love’s Philosophy” by Percy Bysshe Shelley
• 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
• “Meeting at Night” by Robert Browning
• “The Dream” by Edna St. Vincent Millay
• “The Passionate Shepherd to His Love” by Christopher Marlowe
• “I carry your heart” by e. e. cummings
• “She Walks in Beauty” by Lord Byron
• “Give All to Love” by Ralph Waldo Emerson
- I admit I don’t read a lot of poetry, but when I saw that Richard Armitage narrated these I had to listen!
- When I watched North and South which stars Richard Armitage several years ago he became one of my favorite actors!
- His voice is excellent for these poems.
- This was a free download from Audible on Valentine’s Day and I listened right away. It’s only 22 minutes, but it is wonderful to hear someone read these so well.
- I even recited a few lines from “How Do I Love Thee” by Elizabeth Barrett Browning to my husband and wrote them on the card I made for him! He was gobsmacked, I think…LOL
And a few thoughts . . .
- So fun to listen to these poems!
- This Audible edition is free until March 9, 2015
A sample poem
Have you read this book? How did you like it?