Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme I take part in when I can think up answers! It’s a great meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish blog. Every week a new topic is presented. It’s not only fun to think about my list, but to read what other people come up with!
This week–My book related problems? Some people might think some of these are problems, but I actually don’t. I like having these problems…LOL
1. I have to read books–when I’m not reading I get anxious.
2. Only the right book–I have lots of great books to read, but I have to find just the right one. Books take me to imaginary worlds and I have to find just the right book at the right time. I can get very cranky when I can’t find quite the one I want.
3. When I travel I must have books with me–This has gotten better since I started reading e-books. I used to take 10 – 15 books for a week-long trip and if we were driving I took a box of books!
4. I own too many books–When we moved here the movers said they’d never seen so many boxes of books! This past year I have culled my books and donated lots of them. Still need to do more . . .
5. My reading tastes change at times–When I was a young adult I read science fiction, fantasy and mysteries. Then I read mostly mysteries for a few years. I started reading fantasy and science fiction again a few years after that. Then, I read only romance for a while. Fantasy and science fiction came next. Now, it’s fantasy, science fiction and mysteries. I see I’m back to my young adult days! But my reading preferences may change anytime.
6. I get cranky when I’m reading and something (or someone) interrupts me–My husband tries to talk to me and I get very huffy or dinner doesn’t get made.
7. When I’m close to the end of a book I don’t want to interact with other people–Same as #6, but even worse when there’s lots of action and I want to see what happens and just want to read, Read, READ.
8. Conversely, sometimes I don’t want to finish a book because I’m loving it so much–I slow down my reading to savor the book.
9. Sometimes if a book feels too intense I have to put it down for a while–Especially when bad things are happening to people I like or the ending is not coming out the way I want.
10. I listen to most of my audiobooks while I’m making greeting cards for friends and family–I seem to use different parts of my brain while I’m creating a card and listening to a book! Who knew?
What are your book related problems?