Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme which I take part in occasionally. It’s a great meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish blog. Every week a new topic is presented. It’s not only fun to think about my list, but to read what other people come up with!
This week our topic is the books I Really Want To Read But Don’t Own Yet. The reason I don’t own them in every case is because of the cost.
As I write this on August 25, 2014 the Kindle price is $11.99 to $8.89. I try to pay no more than $8.00 for my electronic books. (I make a few exceptions when it’s a favorite author and/or series!)
I keep track of Kindle books and their prices using the website: eReaderIQ. It’s a great way to keep track of books I want while waiting for the price to come down. I found out about the website when Li @ Me and My Books blog wrote an article last December about Free and Cheap E-books and how to find them.
The books are listed from high price to lower price. The links for each book go to Goodreads.
Moth and Spark by Anne Leopard
- I heard lots of good things about this book when it came out and I’ve read some great reviews for it.
Half a King by Joe Abercrombie (Shattered Sea #1)
- So many good reviews from people whose blogs I follow.
Caliban’s War by James S. A. Corey (Expanse series #2)
- I read Leviathan’s Wake, Expanse series #1 and loved it.
The Serpent Sea by Martha West (The Books of the Raksura #2)
- I just finished Cloud Roads. That is one of my favorite books I’ve read this year.
The Martian by Andy Weir
- This sounds like an exciting science fiction and it has good reviews.
Long Live the Queen by Kate Locke (The Immortal Empire #3)
- I read the first two books in this series and would like to read the last book in the series (which came out in November 2013), but the price never seems to come down.
Masks by E. C. Blake (Masks of Aygrima #1)
- Book 2 came out in August 2014. Both sound very good and this book has a beautiful cover.
Split Second by Kasie West (Pivot Point #2)
- I read Pivot Point (book 1) last January and really liked it, but haven’t bought Split Second yet.
A Natural History of Dragons: A Memoir by Lady Trent by Marie Brennan (Memoir by Lady Trent #1)
- This book came out a year and a half ago. It has a beautiful cover and good reviews.
Shades of Milk and Honey by Mary Robinette Kowal (Glamourist Histories #1)
- I bought book 3 when it was on sale awhile ago, but I’d like to read book 1 first!
What books do you want to read, but haven’t bought? Why haven’t you bought them?