Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme which I take part in occasionally. It’s a great meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish blog. Every week a new topic is presented. It’s not only fun to think about my list, but to read what other people come up with!
This week we are all talking about the books we haven’t read for some reason. I have lots of books I haven’t read, so I had no trouble coming up with a list of ten! I bought the books on this list in 2013 or even longer ago than that.
- The first five are ones which are lower on my radar and that I may never read.
- The last five are books are I probably will read now that I remember them.
These are the books I still might read sometime, but also may not.
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- This has lots of great reviews, but I think this is probably a new adult book which I haven’t read before.
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
- I’ve heard great things about this book, but I don’t read that many young adult contemporary novels so even though I own the book I’m not sure I’ll read it.
The Chocolate Rose by Laura Florand
- I’m not reading much romance right now especially not contemporary romance.
Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning
- I started this book, but it is very depressing and icky in the first part I’ve read. I don’t want to continue even though I’ve liked the previous books in the series.
The Subtle Knife by Phillip Pullman
- I read the first book in this series a year ago and really liked the book. I bought this book after that, but don’t have an itch to read it.
These are the books I probably will read, but haven’t remembered or been in the mood to read yet.
His Majesty’s Dragon by Naomi Novik
- I started this book a few years ago, but then had to take the book back to the library. Then I bought the book, but haven’t read it.
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
- Another book I’ve read great things about and had on my list to read, but haven’t read it yet.
Elysian Fields by Suzanne Johnson
- I read the first two books in this series and like them, but haven’t read the third book though I’ve had it for almost a year.
Phoenix Rising: A Mystery of Peculiar Experiences by Pip Ballantine & Tee Morris
- I bought this book three years ago and had forgotten I even had the book.
Enclave by Ann Aguirre
- I’ve read other books by this author and like them and this sounds like an interesting young adult dystopian, but I bought it a long time ago and then forgot about it!
Do you have books you wonder whether to read or not to read?