I’m participating in the 2014 Audiobook Challenge hosted by Hot Listens and The Book Nympho blogs.
I didn’t know June is Audiobook Month so I’m going to challenge myself to listen to one book a week during June!
I have quite a few audiobooks by now since I’ve joined Audible and I’m downloading the two free books from Sync each week this summer and also download books from my library or find them on CD.
At the beginning of the year I said I’d listen to 5-10 audiobooks this year. I didn’t listen to any audiobooks last year so this is a big jump for me! This is my update at the almost six month mark for the challenge.
Books read and reviewed:
1. Blood Rites by Jim Butcher (narrated by James Marsters) — reviewed Feb 28 –Grade B+
2. Maisie Dobbs (narrated by Rita Barrington)–reviewed April 7 –Grade A
3. The Winter Sea (narrated by Rosalyn Landor)–reviewed May 21 –Grade A
Books read, but not reviewed yet:
1. Silence by Michelle Sagara (read in April)
2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (read in May)
3. The Emperor’s Soul by Brandon Sanderson (read in May)
I’ve listened to 6 books so far this year so that is within my challenge number of 5-10 books (Weekend Warrior). Since there’s over half the year left I think I should be able to move at least to the next level of listening–10-15 books (Stenographer). My favorites so far are The Winter Sea, Maisie Dobbs and The Emperor’s Soul.