I have a couple more reading challenges I’m joining, but the post yesterday was a little long so I decided to break it into two posts. I’m making a page for each challenge so I can keep track of them.
Anne & Kristilyn’s 2014 book bingo reading challenge
This challenge is hosted by Kristilyn from the Reading in Winter blog and Anne from Creativity’s Corner.
It sounds like a really fun challenge. I like the idea of the bingo card!
Here are some of the rules and guidelines plus the bingo card:
- If you want to participate, you can join in any time of the year! Feel free to write up a blog post with the rules linking back to my and Anne’s blog in your sign-up post. You can add your post to the Linky at the end of this post!
- If you read one book for the “1 book” in any category, you can’t change it later on when you read another book to “2 books.” Once a square is crossed off, it’s crossed off for good! (Feel free to print off the scoreboard to keep track!)
- Books read for one square are for that square ONLY and cannot be counted towards another category. This is all about reading ALL THE BOOKS.
- The FREE SQUARES are a little different this year — now you can use those squares to read ANY book you like of any genre! Woo!
- You can start your board over again, but ONLY if you receive the stamp of awesome by completing a blackout. The “winners” of the challenge will be the ones who achieve the most winning combinations by the end of 2014.
- You can feel free to post your reading list for each category, though it’s not a requirement.
- Having a blog or writing reviews for books read is not required. So long as you want to have fun, you can participate!
- Every 3 months I will post an update here and all participants can link to their own updates. An update post will go up April 1st, July 1st, October 1st, and December 31st.
- This isn’t a race, but don’t be afraid to rub your reads in the other player’s face. This will be seen as encouragement. Feel free to use the hashtag #BookBingo2014 on Twitter!
A year in re-reading challenge
This challenge is hosted by Lianne at Caffeinatedlife.net.
I have some books I’ve been wanting to re-read so this is a perfect challenge. I hope to re-read 10+ books in 2014 and have been collecting them on my Kindle reader. If I reach this goal I will be a “Re-reading champ!”
Some of the guidelines:
- This reading challenge runs from 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2014
- You can join at any time
- Any book is acceptable in this challenge so long as you’ve read it in the past; perhaps it was a DNF you wanted to revisit, perhaps it’s a book you’ve read and loved but don’t remember the details too much. It’s totally up to you how you want to define this
Be sure to check the blogs hosting these challenges to sign-up and find out more information. Have you signed up for any reading challenges this year?