Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly Meme sponsored by The Broke and the Bookish Blog
When I looked over the list of books I want to buy and read this spring I had a hard time coming up with ten books! Many of the books on my list are hardcover editions and even as e-books they are $10 or more. I only buy a few of these books each year. Usually I will wait until they come out in paperback and hope that the e-book version is also reduced. It is frustrating when the paper version of the book is less than the electronic version, but this happens quite often. It has to be a favorite author before I spend that much money.
1. Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson series) by Patricia Briggs–This is my most anticipated book of the spring. I haven’t bought it yet, but will probably do so this week. I don’t want to buy it and read it too soon because I have to wait another year for Ms. Briggs to write another book!
2. What Darkness Brings: A Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery by C. S. Harris
3. Heart of Iron by Bec McMaster
The rest of the books I will wait to read reviews and buy as my budget allows:
4. Murder in Chelsea (Gaslight Mystery)
by Victoria Thompson
5. The Family Way (Molly Murphy Mysteries)
by Rhys Bowen
6. Death, Doom and Detention (Darklight series)
by Darynda Jones
7. Midnight Blue-Light Special: An Incryptid Novel
by Seanan McGuire
8. Written in Red: A Novel of the Others
by Anne Bishop
9. Dead Ever After: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel
by Charlaine Harris
The following book sounds quite intriguing and has some good authors, but I don’t usually like short stories so I will wait and see:
10. Queen Victoria’s Book of Spells: An Anthology of Gaslamp Fantasy
Edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling
(18 stories from such writers as Elizabeth Bear, Ellen Kushner, Tanith Lee, James Blaylock, Gregory Maguire as well as new authors)
I’m looking forward to seeing what books others are looking forward to so I can find some new authors and books! What are you excited about this spring?