I participated in this challenge last year and chose the First Kiss level (21-30 books). I read 28 TBR books last year so I’ve decided to try for the Sweet Sumner Fling (31-40 books).
This challenge is hosted by the Bookish blog.
TBR Books Read & Reviewed:
1. “The Lady Astronaut of Mars” by Mary Robinette Kowal–reviewed Jan 21
2. Dirty Magic by Jaye Wells–reviewed Jan 30
3. Stained Glass Monster by Andrea K. Höst–reviewed Feb 12
4. The Better Part of Valor by Tanya Huff–reviewed Feb 13
5. Starpilot’s Grave by Debra Doyle and James D. MacDonald–reviewed Feb 18
6. A Beautiful Blue Death by Charles Finch–reviewed Mar 5
7. Magic Breaks by Ilona Andrews–reviewed Mar 18
8. Darkwalker by E. L. Tettensor–reviewed March 27
9. Geared for the Grave by Duffy Brown–reviewed April 15
10. Millie’s Fling by Jill Mansell–reviewed May 20
11. A Rule Against Murder by Louise Penny–reviewed May 29
12. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman–reviewed June 11
13. Still Life by Louise Penny–reviewed June 13
14. Raven Black by Ann Cleeves–reviewed June 17
15. Necessary as Blood by Deborah Crombie–reviewed June 26
16. Where Late the Sweet Birds Sang by Kate Wilhelm–reviewed July 3
17. Lock In by John Scalzi–reviewed July 9
18. No Mark Upon Her by Deborah Crombie–reviewed July 10
19. To the Moon and Back by Jill Mansell–reviewed July 11
20. A Fatal Grace by Louise Penny–reviewed July 25
21. Mouse and Dragon by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller–reviewed July 30
22. The Siren Depths by Martha Wells–reviewed August 7
23. The Cruelest Month by Louise Penny–reviewed August 13
24. Tea with the Black Dragon by R. A. MacAvoy–reviewed August 19
25. The Ghost Brigades by John Scalzi–reviewed August 27
26. Stories of the Raksura, Vol 1 by Martha Wells–reviewed August 29
27. Earth Flight by Janet Edwards–reviewed September 12
28. Death & the Redheaded Woman by Loretta Ross–reviewed October 10
29. Trick or Treat Murder by Leslie Meier–reviewed October 21
30. The Martian by Andy Weir–reviewed November 9
31. Christmas is Murder by C.S. Challinor–reviewed November 18
32. The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley–reviewed December 4
33. “You Again” by JoAnn Ross–reviewed December 16
34. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
35. “Hot Toy” by Jennifer Crusie
36. Death in a Red Canvas Chair by N.A. Granger
TBR Books I hope to read during 2015 (I’ll add & subtract as necessary):
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
Fire by Kristin Cashore
Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie
Death of the Necromancer by Martha Wells
Darkness Before Dawn by J. A. London
Here are all the rules so I don’t forget!
TBR Pile Challenge
- The challenged will run from January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015. The sign up link below will remain open until January 16, 2015 at 11:30am.
- Anyone can enter! You don’t have to be a blogger, just as long as you review the book you’ve read. You can review on your book on your blog, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, etc.
- Any genre, length, or format of book counts as long as it is a book that’s been sitting on your self for some time. Short stories and novellas do count! The only stipulations that the book must have been released in 2014 or earlier. No 2015 ARCs or 2015 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed.
- On the 25th of every other month (see schedule below), we will post a wrap-up for the previous two months. These posts will be done by one our bloggers and will contain new linkys for you to add your own wrap-up posts. If you did not sign up by January 17, this is where you can sign up as well.
- To help you tackle your TBR piles we will also be hosting Read-A-Longs on months that do not have wrap-ups. Voted on by challenge participants, Read-A-Longs will have two post dates: the first half of the book and the second half. Please note: You do not have to take part in our Read-A-Longs to participate in the TBR Pile Challenge. You can participate in all of them, some of them, or none of them. This aspect of the challenge is entirely optional.
- There will be two giveaways – July and December. Giveaway details will be explained once the giveaway post goes up. We don’t want to overwhelm you with too many details now 🙂
- You don’t have to follow Bookish to join the challenge, but you do have to follow us to be entered in the giveaways.
- Read-A-Long (poll will go live 12/18/14)
- Vote for March read
- January – February Wrap Up
- Announce March’s read and schedule
- Vote for May read
- March – April Wrap Up
- Announce May’s read and schedule
- Vote for July read
- May – June Wrap Up
- Announce July’s read and schedule
- Vote for September read
- July – August Wrap Up
- Announce October’s read and schedule
- Vote for November read
- September – October Wrap Up
- Announce November’s read and schedule
- November – December Wrap Up
- Giveaways will only be hosted twice this year – July and December
- Wrap-up posts and Read-A-Longs will alternate months instead of being every month.
- We will take turns hosting wrap-up posts so you can see what everybody is up to instead of just one of us!
- HASHTAG! To update us on your progress or connect with others in the challenge, be sure to tweet/post with #2015TBRPile
If some of the details are unclear, please don’t hesitate to ask us for explanation! You can leave your question in the comments below. If we don’t respond in a timely manner, feel free to tweet Andrea @beutybutfunygrl or Evie @SeoEvie and we’ll be sure to get back to you soon!
So how do I join?
- Write a post about joining the 2015 TBR Pile Reading Challenge on your blog. If you don’t have a blog, post about it on Facebook or tweet about it via Twitter. Link up in the linky below using the link to your post/tweet.
- In your post, don’t forget to include: the button/banner, link back to our sign up page, the level you are aiming for, and – if you want – a list of books you’re hoping to read for the challenge.
- Place the challenge button in your sidebar (please use the grab link at the bottom of the post).
- That’s it! You’re done! Welcome to the challenge, stay tuned for lots of fun! And most importantly, good luck with tackling your TBR Pile!