This is my favorite blogging extra curricular activity of the year. I love Christmas and winter and this helps me get in the holiday spirit. And I’m so happy Kimberly hosts it each year. Thank you!
It’s that time of year when the holiday and winter-themed books hit the bookshelves. It’s also time to sign up for the Fifth Annual HoHoHo Holiday/Winter Readathon! hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Gather up your favorite cocoa, comfort foods, holiday music and books and join in the fun!
This year’s event will run from Wednesday, November 8th through Wednesday, November 15th at 11:59 pm. During the event, you can participate in challenges, win prizes, meet new friends and join the Twitter party. You can participate for a day or cozy up by the fire and hang out every day. The more you participate the more entries you will earn for the Participant Giveaway.
Visit Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer to sign up and to read the rules. If you love holiday and/or winter books give this a try. It’s lot of fun.
My goals for the readathon:
I want to read at least three books I’ve chosen as possibilities:
- Miracle and Other Christmas Stories by Connie Willis
- Christmas at Rosie Hopkins Sweetshop by Jenny Colgan
- Wreck the Halls by Sarah Graves
- Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen
- Murder Goes Mumming by Charlotee MacLeod (library ebook)
- “Christmas at Ladybug Farm” by Donna Ball (novella)
- “Deck the Halls” by Donna Alward (novella)
- Hercule Poirot’s Christmas by Agatha Christie (e-audio)
- “Christmas Present: A Chronicle of St. Mary’s Short Story” by Jodi Taylor (e-audio)
- Classics of Childhood, Vol. 3: A Christmas Collection (e-audio)
- Letters from Father Christmas by J.R.R. Tolkien (e-audio)
I may find a few books from the library as well (even though I know I have many more books than I can read in a week…lol).
Participate in two challenges
Participate in the November 15 Twitter Party
The hardest goals for me are to participate in challenges and the Twitter party. They take time away from my reading…lol. However, I want to take part since Kimberly and her volunteers have taken the time to set these up and they are fun!