The 2016 New Release Challenge is a year-long challenge in which we aim to read books released in 2016. The hosts for the New Release Challenge are Lexxie at Unconventional Book Views and Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews Oh My!
There will be monthly update posts that you can link too, and each quarter – the end of March, end of June, end of September and in December, there will be a giveaway with the update as well.
We have also created a Facebook Group for the 2016 New Release Challenge, to have a place where we can keep up with each other, cheer each other on, and get to know each other better. It is also a place where we can help each other find even more 2016 releases.
The rules for the 2016 New Release Challenge are simple:
- Books released and reviewed in 2016.
- Other challenges can be used as well, if you are participating in the Netgalley / Edelweiss challenge or in the COYER challenge, books can count towards more than one challenge, as long as the ones you use for the 2015 New Release Reading Challenge qualify to the first rule.
- The minimum length for a book to qualify is 100 pages, it can be in any format though, physical, e-book, ARC or audiobook.
- You don’t have to have a blog to participate as Goodreads, booklikes, etc will count as long as you link your reviews.
- The New Book Release Challenge is open from January 1st through December 31st 2016, and sign-ups are open until February 15th 2016.
There are four levels in the New Release Challenge:
- 1-15 books per year – New Release Newbie
- 16-30 books per year – New Release Pro
- 31-45 books per year – New Release Veteran
- 45+ books per year – New Release Enthusiast
The new release challenge is a new challenge for me though I did read 36 new releases in 2015. I am challenging myself to read 31 – 45 new releases–New Release Veteran. I’m hoping to read more than 36 new releases.
New Releases Read–2016
- Dreaming Death by J. Kathleen Cheney
- The Big Brush-Off by Michael Murphy
- The Fine Art of Murder by Emily Barnes
- Murder in an Irish Village by Carlene O’Connor
- Out of the Blues by Trudy Nan Boyce
- Shards of Murder by Cheryl Hollon
- Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs
- Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop
- A Muddied Murder by Wendy Tyson
- Silenced in the Surf by Kate E. Dyer-Seeley
- Skeleton Blues by Paul Johnston
- Reading Up a Storm by Eva Gates
- Arena by Holling Jennings
- ‘Til Death Do Us Part by Amanda Quick
- Dying for a Taste by Leslie Karst
- A Front Page Affair by Radha Vatsal
- Admiral by Sean Danker
- A Useful Woman by Darcie Wilde
- Clouds in My Coffee by Julie Mulhern
- Roses and Rot by Kat Howard
- The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman
- Missing, Presumed by Sally Steiner
- Borrowing Death by Cathy Pegau
- No Good Dragon Goes Unpunished by Rachel Aaron
- In the Land of Milk and Honey by Jane Jensen
- Stripped Bare by Shannon Baker
- Stalking Ground by Margaret Mizushima
- The Secrets of Wishtide by Kate Saunders