This challenge is hosted by the Literary Escapism blog.
The idea behind this Challenge is to find new authors that you’ve never tried before, not necessarily ones that are debuting. They can be in your genre of choice or be brave and try something new. You never know what you’re going to like until you try it. If you’re looking for some suggestions, you can check out the Author page here at Literary Escapism or the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 Challenge pages. With over 1000 reviews posted, I’m sure there will be something there for everyone.
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016.
- Since this is an author challenge, there is no restriction on choosing your novels. They can definitely be from other challenges. However, the authors must be new to you and, preferably from novels. Anthologies are a great way to try someone new, but only a third of your new authors can be from short stories/novellas or anthologies.
- I want this to be an easy challenge, so you tell me how many new authors you want to discover. If it’s 1 or 100, go for it. It all depends on how fast you read and how adventurous you want to be.
- After reading your new author, write your review and then come back here and add your link to the form.
- Bloggers or Non-Bloggers alike are welcome. You don’t have to have a site to participate. You can link up via Facebook, GoodReads or even Amazon if you’d like.
Once you reach your goal, you don’t have to stop. Any new author you try, go ahead and head back here and add it to the list. Introduce us all to whoever you find. Afterall, there’s no reason to stop trying new authors, right?
Twitter: If you tweet your review, make sure to include the hashtag #NewAuthor2016!
I am challenging myself to read at least 30 new authors in 2016
New Authors Read in 2016
- Michael Murphy (The Big Brush-Off)–reviewed Feb 8
- Emily Barnes (The Fine Art of Murder) –reviewed Feb 9
- Lea Wait (Twisted Threads)–reviewed Feb 16
- Carlene O’Connor (Murder in an Irish Village)–reviewed Feb 19
- Trudy Nan Boyce (Out of the Blues)–reviewed Feb 22
- Cheryl Hollon (Shards of Murder)–reviewed Feb 25
- Lawrence H. Levy (Second Street Station)–Feb 26
- Margaret Mizushima (Killing Trail)–Mar 4
- Wendy Tyson (A Muddied Murder)–Mar 25
- Keith McCafferty (The Royal Wulff Murders)–Mar 26
- Kate E. Dyer-Seeley (Silenced in the Surf)–Mar 28
- Paul Johnston (Skeleton Blues)–Apr 1
- Eva Gates (Reading Up a Storm)–Apr 4
- Holly Jennings (Arena)–Apr 5
- Leslie Karst (Dying for a Taste)–Apr 21
- Radha Vatsal (A Front Page Affair)–May 4
- Sean Danker (Admiral)–May 5
- Darcie Wilde (A Useful Woman)–May 6
- Alan Russell (Burning Man)–May 27
- Aline Templeton (Cold in the Earth)–June 3
- Kat Howard (Roses and Rot)–June 9
- Matt Wallace (Envy of Angels)–June 10
- Genevieve Cogman (The Invisible Library)–July 15
- Sally Steiner (Missing, Presumed)–July 16
- Cathy Pegau (Borrowing Death)–July 27
- Terry Shames (A Killing at Cotton Hill)–August 11
- Jane Jensen (In the Land of Milk and Honey)–August 25
- Shannon Baker (Stripped Bare)–September 16
- Margaret Mizushima (Stalking Ground)–October 13
- Kate Saunders (The Secrets of Wishtide)–October 14